Success Mind Hack: Learn Faster, Retain More and Gain Mastery
To become successful in your industry, you need to gain mastery. It has everything to do with mindset, however there are some technical “hacks” that can be applied.
In the 1960’s, the NTL Institute in Maine did a study and came up with something called The Learning Pyramid
As you can see there are two types of teaching:
- The passive Teaching Methods: Lecture, reading, audiovisual, demonstration
- The Participatory Teaching Methods: Group discussion, practice and teaching others
You can see the importance when you are in a community and participate to group discussion. Ask for help and practice. Practice makes Perfect!!!. The fact your bring value to your audience and teach your knowledge is the best way to get success.
LEARN – DO – TEACH
When you teach, the information becomes almost automatic which is called “Muscle Memory”
“The spirit of hope, inner strength, enthusiasm and persistent determination are the pillars for any success.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita
You have Four stages of competence:
1- Unconscious incompetence: when someone doesn’t understand or know how to do something. Before learning the person must recognize his incompetence and the value of new skill. You can stay at this stage depending the strength of motivation or desire. If you have no motivation or you think you know everything and you are not coachable, you won’t be able to go to the next stage.
2- Conscious incompetence: that stage is when you don’t know your task but you roll up your sleeves and start doing it. You might find people that are too perfectionist or are afraid of failure and that is when most people quit and don’t go to the next stage. That stage is the practice, and that is when you are making mistakes but it is just the learning process. You need to embrace the changes. Don’t forget 90% is the mindset and 10% is skill set.
3- Conscious competence: At this point, the person understands and knows how to do something, however demonstrating the skill or knowledge requires focus and concentration. The major risk factor at this point is simply in not continuing to practice or improve you eventually lose that skill or can’t perform it as effectively as is required to move on to the fourth and final stage, the stage where mastery occurs.
4- Unconscious competence: the individual has had so much practice with a skill that it has become “second nature” and can be performed easily.
If you want to achieve your goal, make the commitment of learning, doing and teaching and you will be very successful.
Becoming an Authority Figure is very important if you want to attract the right people in your niche and gain credibility. People do business with those they know, like and trust. Blogging and doing videos is what will bring you a lot of exposure and show authority figure. No matter what company you are representing; can be products in weight loss, you can be with travel companies, you can do articles, etc.. it really doesn’t matter. You need to find a strategy and keep it to gain MLM expert status.
It doesn’t matter how long you are in the industry, the keys to become an expert on your industry are
Invest – Learn – Teach – Profit
- Invest: if you want to become better at Network Marketing there is no secret, you need to invest in trainings, coaching courses, webinars and go to the events. It is very important to go to your company event because it will give you a boost of energy and your focus will be top!!
- Learn: Think this way, if you want to become an electrician, you are definitely going to do some trainings, even if you know a little bit of the trade, if you want to be an expert and not blowing the circuits, you are going to do a course!!Well it’s the same with Network Marketing, you need to read blogs, articles and take notes on what you are learning. start collecting all the informations you need to know about your niche, what to say and not to say and also how to reach out to them… So Training Training is the key !!
- Teach: Once you have learned something, put it on your blog, or train your team. Don’t wait to be an expert and waste time. You will help someone out there that never did any training, that’s for sure! So don’t wait up and share your knowledge.
- Profits: Voila!! Once you have invested on yourself, learned and taught your team, you are going to make some profits because as a team, you will be better at prospecting, you will generate more leads, get more customers in your business and then you can replicate over and over!!!
You need to focus on helping people rather than making money. Relationship business is key to attract the right people and you need to solve their problems. If you are impacting people, you are going to grow your business Big Time!!! Take notes and convert these notes on content in a blog and then ching ching!! Paycheck …. If you keep everything in your head or don’t bother blogging about it, then you won’t get any revenue out of it!
Blogging is one of the strategy that works the most and you should really consider doing it!
Nobody hits 6 figures without investing in coaching so if you want to be one of them, don’t wait up!!
So what do you think?? Are you going to start blogging? I will be more than happy to help you. Comment and leave me a message!