Branding yourself is a must when you start building a business on social media. That is why your image is so important !! Companies come and go…but you are the one thing that will remain stable in the midst of change.
This blog is part 5 out of 7 of the series “7 things that will make a difference in your business”
When promoting on social media, you have to be mindful of the posts. Why?
- In a few seconds, someone can form an impression on yourself so you want to show the best of you!!
- Your social media is scrutinized when you are in network marketing, so don’t put any pictures that seemed great at the time but might bring you some trouble in the long term. Or say anything that you might be regretting in the future. That is the reason why I always say that you shouldn’t put any negativity in your posts.
- Your reputation could be affected if someone share a picture or something and it is splashed everywhere in the media. That is why it is important you get your general account settings, timeline and tagging settings checked. I have my profile on public but I am the only one that can post on my timeline, or see the posts I have been tagged.
Remember, if it’s on the Internet, it could be there forever!
Why it is important to brand yourself?
Personal branding is essentially the ongoing process of establishing a prescribed image or impression in the mind of others. Your skills, your focus will allow them to clearly understand what you’re passionate about. You want your prospects to choose you as the only solution to their problems. You have to be unique and approachable to your audience to get results.
The way you talk and present yourself has a remarkable impact on the people you meet professionally and socially. This is why it is very important you brand yourself and not your company.
Branding demands commitment; commitment to continual re-invention; striking chords with people to stir their emotions; and commitment to imagination. It is easy to be cynical about such things, much harder to be successful.” – Sir Richard Branson
How to brand yourself:
- Your image: your customers/followers need to know who you are. Put a picture on all your multi-media platform, they will recognize you when you do a video.
- Use a blog: it is very important to do a blog, and put value on it. A few sentences, a picture, a little video… No need to do a book each time 🙂 , but be consistent.
- Use social media: establish a presence, my advice at the start of your branding, choose ONE and be an expert. It can be Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest… Whatever you want to start with, be an expert before you want to jump on another one. You need to build relationship with your audience. Make sure your audience see you everyday; if you don’t have time to do a video, put a post, a picture, a quote, a blog post…Make yourself available for help and advice.
- Maintain your integrity: market yourself with high standards and honesty, if you don’t know something, point your client to someone else, this way they will know your potentials and trust your judgement.
- Body language also is important: Be yourself!!! Don’t try to impress anyone; your followers want to be able to relate to someone like you, you might not attract everybody but you will attract the RIGHT audience for YOU.
- Believe in yourself: You want to send the right message, if you don’t believe in yourself or the company you are representing, it will show.
I hope these helped you to understand why Attraction Marketing is very important and you need to brand yourself and not the company you are representing today.
Leave me a comment !!