Crystals, also known as crystalline solid, are solid materials that are arranged in a sequential pattern in a three spatial dimensions. Large crystals are often recognized through their macroscopic geometrical style with flat faces and unique characteristics. Though most people are familiar with crystals, some are not aware of their healing power.
You might own a selection of beautiful crystals left on your window seal or you might wear some stones on your wrist as jewelry, however the majority of people might not realize that their crystals could bring them harmony, well-being, abundance in their life.
Crystals bring light and color to your overall aura and physical body. They do this through the chakra system and subtle body layers. Every chakra resonates to a certain color and the chakras align and mix with one another. When stones, crystals and gems are laid on the body over the chakra points, crystals direct the energy flow to the person and bring balance to their energy. Generally, they are used to purify the person from negative or bad energy that is believed to cause severe disease.
The main principle behind the need for crystal healing is that diseases take place when there is inequality between divine energy and a person. This light or divine energy is believed by most healers as the main groundwork of universal creation. Eliminating the bad spiritual energy reduces the severity of the physical ailment. These crystals are also used for mental, physical, spiritual and emotional healing.
What are Crystals and how do we use them?
Over the course of millions of years, the formation of rocks, crystals, gems and other geological strata has been an ongoing process. Like everything else in nature, crystals are formed by atoms and created beneath the Earth’s surface. Igneous creation occurs when minerals crystallize from melting rocks. Metamorphic creation occurs when minerals form due to excessive pressure and heat. Sedimentary minerals form from erosion and sedimentation. Water, temperature, pressure and good fortune all play a role in the creation of crystals.
As water travels over the Earth’s surface, elements dissolve creating a nutrient-rich solution. When the water evaporates, the minerals are left behind. For example, if you have a bowl of sea water and let the water evaporate, salt crystals will be left behind. If the water has a silica-rich solution, then quartz crystals such as amethyst may form. If the water is rich with copper, then malachite or turquoise will form. Magmatic gems, such as zircon, topaz and rubies, form in the holes in volcanic rocks. Others gems, such as jade, form when rocks are changed by heat, pressure and exposure to solutions.
Crystals are alive as many ancient people believed that everything is alive with a divine, cosmic and universal energy. This force glows through all things, like tree, plants, birds, human beings and stones. It is very important to know where your crystals are coming from as you will understand better their properties. Ancient civilizations incorporated crystals into daily life, integrating them into rituals, medicine and divination. They still play a major role in our society with some technical products containing crystals components used for their abilities to convert electrical impulses or for their optic properties – watches, cell phones, televisions, satellites, computers and some are even used in beauty products. The diamond symbolize eternal love and it is very popular for engagement rings.
Now Try it yourself. Take a crystal in your hand, close your eyes and hold it tightly. What do you experience? Does it feel warm, tingling in your hand?
“See with a different eye, visualize with a colorful mind, manifest your thoughts with the energy within.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson
By learning to use our own magical power of attraction, we can harness these vibrational forces and help ourselves manifest our dreams.
How does Crystal Healing Work?
- Treating yourself with crystals can be performed in multiple ways. You can get their fullest benefits through holding them when you are very ill or carrying them in your pocket, in your bag, car or you can leave them at home on an altar. I always say go with your gut feeling, do what resonates with you. This type of healing can balance and heal your entire body. Each crystal is believed to hold a different healing property or meaning. As crystals are naturally born from the ground, they each hold their unique vibration as a living piece of Earth’s Creation.
- The practitioner however will put specific crystals on your body chakras to draw out undesired energies and infuse the body with earth energy and universal healing. Most crystal healers use clear quartz in treatment process due to its color and shape. However, since chakras have distinct colors related to every area, they may place a certain color of gems or crystals on the same color chakras. These gemstones have vibration frequencies that are shape-stimulated, interlocking the individual’s earth energy field. The crystal is also used to realign or to amplify human psychic through directing vibration energy.
How to choose your crystals and what to do with it
Unless you know and want a specific crystal that someone recommended or you saw it somewhere and was attracted to it, I always say the first time you go to a shop look around the different crystals. You will find yourself attracted to a specific color, a texture, a shape, luminosity .. follow your intuition or instinct. Then in time you will get more knowledge about which crystals can help you achieve your intended goal and which may be better used for another purpose.
Crystals correspond to the twelve signs of zodiac and there are many stones and crystals associated with each signs. You can choose a stone according to your zodiac sign to align your energy into your best self.
Wear your crystal as jewelry or carry a piece inn a pouch or bag. Some crystals might be more fragile than others though.
When you pick out a crystal in a store, the chances are that the crystal has picked you out too !
So don’t be overwhelmed with all the amount of crystals available, once you have found the ones you like, apart from cleansing and reprogramming them, always thank them for being there and finding you. I personally prefer to go to a shop to purchase them, but you have a lot of options on the internet.
Many crystals become dust collectors simply because we leave them lying on the windowsill and forget about them. However if you are serious with your crystals, you need to take good care of them. They are like your best friend and you need to talk to them, and bring them with you when you go somewhere. Now having said that, if you are like me and have a lot of them and very heavy crystals, you can’t bring them with you but you still need to connect with them. To simplify and make life easier, the best way to make connection with them is to dedicate a special sacred place for them. It could be a pouch so you can carry them with you, a little tray with your different crystals that you can carry around the house if you wish, or having an altar fix in your house – can be your bedroom, your sitting room.
Always cleanse your crystals after your purchase it to remove any inharmonious energies from it. See below some ways to do it, you can decide to do one method or can you do a few together, do what’s resonates with you.
- The easiest way is to gently immerse the crystal under water, tap water is fine but if you live beside the sea or a stream it is better, however as I said earlier, some specific crystals can’t go under water. Do it for 30s to 1min then pat it dry
- You can also smudge your crystal with sage or palo santo, smudging your stone is said to clear inharmonious vibrations and restore its natural energy. Allow the smoke to envelop the stone for about 30 seconds. If it’s been a while since your last cleansing — or you feel the stone is holding onto a lot — consider smudging for an additional 30 seconds.
- Full moon is the best time to recharge and cleanse your crystals. The ideal time to put them out is just after sunset. A natural surface is best outside. If that isn’t an option put them near a window where they will get direct moonlight. As you set each one down name something you want to let go of.
- Sunlight, Although ritual cleansing is often centered around certain points in the solar or lunar cycle, you can set your stone out at any time to cleanse and recharge. You can put your stone before nightfall and bring it in before 11am. The crystal will have the light of both the moon and sun. If you can put the crystal directly in the Earth. Again keep it mind some crystals can’t be out in direct sunlight for too long.
- Place your crystal directly in the earth, this will allow for further cleansing. Wherever they are, ensure they won’t be disturbed by wildlife or passersby. Afterward, give the stone a quick rinse to remove any dirt and debris. Pat dry.
- Sound healing allows a single pitch or tone to wash over an area, bringing it into the same vibration as the tone. This can be accomplished using chanting, singing bowls, a tuning fork, or even a nice bell. It doesn’t matter what key the sound is, so long as the sound emitted is loud enough for the vibration to fully encompass the stone. Ideals for people with a large volume of crystals. Do it for 5-10 minutes. I personally use my heart chakra singing bowl and the beauty of it is that you can’t damage your crystals
- Large quartz clusters, amethyst geodes, and selenite slabs can be great tools for clearing smaller stones. This is a great way to cleanse your small crystals after each treatment. Place your stone directly inside or on top of any of these stones. It’s thought that the larger stone’s vibrations remove the inharmonious energies found in the resting stone. You should leave it for 24 hours.
- Visualization: Take a few minutes to ground and center your energy, then pick up your stone and visualize your hands filling with white, radiant light. See this light surround the stone and feel it growing brighter in your hands. Envision the impurities flushing out of the stone, allowing the stone to shine brighter with renewed purpose. Continue this visualization until you feel a shift in the stone’s energy. Do it for a minute on each stone. This can be overwhelming, but the more you practice, the easier you’ll be able to do especially if you do reiki, use your symbols also.
This is the prayer I use before I put my crystals out to the full moon or anytime I need to do it.
However you choose to cleanse your crystals and gemstones, do so with good intentions, and with loving care and kindness.
Programming your crystals for manifestation
Once your crystals are cleansed you need to program them so that the energy is focused on something specific, your intentions. You can put a few intentions but always check the properties of your crystals to avoid using the wrong ones, for exemple, you wouldn’t use rose quartz for success in a career when it is better employed to manifest love.
Once you know what you seek, select the crystal that resonates with your desire, take it in your hands and think about your desire, keep repeating it while gazing the crystal so you can feel in harmony with the energy of the crystal. Be specific and precise in your intention.
You can use this or make your own: “I ask that the highest vibration of love and light connect with my highest self to clear all unwanted energy and any previous programming. I command this crystal to hold the intention of ……. Add 3 intentions And say thank you 3 times”
It is best to keep your crystals out of contact with others to avoid them being affected by other energies and vibrations.
If you decide you no longer have this particular desire, or it has been fulfilled, you can deprogram a crystal simply by sitting confortable with the stone in your hand and say: “All that I desired is no longer my intention, Crystal, be as you once were”.
I will be adding more articles regarding crystals so stay on the look out for it if you are interested. If you want to add more or want to share your experience, please do so in the comment section. If you want to do a Reiki session with crystals contact me Here or on my Facebook Messenger
Love and Light Always ❤
PS: Zodiac Crystal illustration: psychicmediumrebecca.wix.com