Instagram has now 600 Millions Users and is the second platform after Facebook. If you want to know more about how to get followers or want to start, here are some insights that might help you being an expert on Instagram and reach the right followers.
I really like Instagram because there is a lot of engagement and if you give the right content, you can grow your followers really fast.
The advantage with Instagram, is that you don’t need to spend hours, very simple and convenient. If you put effort into it, you definitely get some results.
How to do your bio for maximum impact and get followers?
- Use emoji
- Call to Action should be your free offer directed to a capture page
- Always put your website or blog or ecommerce on your bio but not on the clickable link
Once your bio is well done and catchy with the proper Call to Action, you are going to post at least once a day. It is the same as the other platform, you need consistency to make sure you reach your maximum prospects. Use insights view to see Who is following you.
If you just start using instagram, you would need to get a few posts done to see in your insights where are your followers, age group, gender, best time to post and day – click on and you will be able to manage more your followers and your posts.
Tools you can use to help you build your IG – Instagram
- Lumyer (free) : photo video editor and cool selfie effect – that can be used to send to your Instagram accounts, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc…
- Word Swag ( I paid $4.99, but differs depending where you are): Very useful to have pics already downloaded from pixabay and have your watermark or logo done for you. In two twos, you have a nice, professional picture with a quote and your watermark
- Giphy Inc (free) : you can search for animation of your choice, or create your own
- Rip(free):The app allows you to create Canva-like images, but with animated features
- Hootsuite (free for 3 platforms): you can manage your post and send them to your different platform.
- Followers (free): With Followers on Instagram, you can see who unfollowed you, who isn’t following you back, who you aren’t following back, and more!
Tips to improve the reach of your Instagram:
- Know who is your target – go to search, use # to target your audience. You’ll find the right people to connect with
- Stay consistent – minimum one post a day
- Post valuable image/video/stories
- Use hashtags relevant to your business
- Engage with your followers – reply to each comment
- Grow your followers daily – like 3-5 posts each day of one prospect, write a comment on one of the post and follow the prospect. This person will follow you back.
- Thank You Messages to all your followers
You can follow 7500 people but you can get as many followers you want.
Also to find people in your niche, go to search, on top put your specific requirement, then check people, tags or places
There are new features which are Instagram stories and live
- You can do a Live up to one hour but it is gone straight after you finish your video from your timeline… I would recommend you to do it, it becomes very popular and it is very good for engagement.
- Stories: It last 24hours and you can send pics, quick tips, lifestyles, alerts for webinars, special promos, inspirational quotes ==>> be creative and engage with your followers.
How to promote your posts?
Your Instagram business profile has to be set up with your Facebook Business Profile Page. It is very easy to set it up, link them and it does it automatically. Then you can choose when you boost your posts on Facebook if you want it to be also boosted on Instagram.
Same as Facebook with Instagram boost or promoted posts, you have to choose your audience, choose the age group, countries… and pay for it depending how many days you want it to be activated. It is $100 for 30 days or you could do by days or week which would be more expensive.
To choose which post you want to boost, you can see in “view insights” how many people liked it, number of comments, how many people reached, engagement… You can choose also the button you want your followers to use.
Little tips to get more engagements:
- Put your picture with your logo/watermark up
- First comment: put the tags you want to use..
- Second comment: put your engagement, and redirect them to your bio or put your Call to Action
- Like your image, your comments.. that will bring already some engagement to your profile and boost your Organic Reach with the new Instagram Algorithm.
- And follow the people you want to become, in your niche… see what they do and do the same … spy, it doesn’t hurt 🙂
I hope you got some good value; like, share or leave me a comment. If you want some information about the tools or if you want more details about how to do your bio, just connect with me and i’ll be happy to help.