As I always say, to build a long term relationship with your audience, you need an online presence. No matter which platform you are using, you need to be consistent with your posts. I am going to give you 5 very important steps to build your business online.
1- You need a brand infrastructure:
- Your Facebook page
- Google +
- Or your blog …
I kept the blog for last because it is Yours!! Nobody can take it from you. Youtube can shut down your channel, Facebook can close your account but your blog is YOURS. No-one can take it away from you.
You have also more control over your visitors actions. It works for you 24/7 even when you don’t want to work or if you are asleep. It is a true residual lead strategy for your business. It builds relationship with your prospects without you being present when they read your bio, and it also build you up as a mini celebrity – isn’t that cool??
So if you didn’t start blogging yet, I would advise you to do it sooner than later. It will position you as an incredible Authority figure and people will take you seriously.
It’s important to build a personal brand because it’s the only thing you’re going to have.Your reputation online, and in the new business world is pretty much the game, so you’ve got to be a good person. You can’t hide anything, and more importantly, you’ve got to be out there at some level.
2- Your Lead Magnet:
This is the form that simply collects your lead contact details. It is important to have a phone number to be able to contact them so if you do your funnel, you should add this on the form.
People that log in into your system want to hear from you. You can directly promote your business or opportunity or products to them. It is higher and better quality leads when they are coming from your blog. I don’t advise to buy leads, did that and didn’t work at all – I might get shot saying that but it is only my advice. You can send your list automatic email and follow ups. I do send also some personal email with a new blog, something new on my shop, something I did over the weekend. It doesn’t have to be always business related. As i said earlier you need to build relationship with your followers
You can place this form on your blog; home page – blog side bars – blog post – about page
3- Your Content – Value
You don’t need to blog everyday to engage with your audience. But you need to put something valuable to your followers every day on your platform.
What do you blog about?
- Personal experiences: people like to hear your story, it makes you real in their eyes.
- 3rd party experiences: people also like to identify themselves with others, your story might not be theirs but they will find someone similar to them if you share other people stories.
- Top earners tips / famous people stories
- Team training shared, team building
- Tips and tricks to build business online
- Call to Action, could be your product or a service or a training, but always put a CTA on each blog.
You need to bring high value to your audience if you want to position yourself as an authority figure. “Facts tell, but stories sell”. You need to walk your audience through the worst part of the problem they have and then lead them to how you are going to solve it. You can tell the story about how you met/talked with a top earner who showed you how to solve your problem.
5- Conversions and sales
- Easy to get leads through your blog with a lead magnet.
- Less objections or skepticisms because they did choose to opt-in into one of your ad or your blog. And they also feel like they know you and you’ve positioned yourself as an authority figure.
- On other platform a funnel is the best option because you know the leads are serious after they opted-in on your lead magnet.
In Summary, brand yourself with a blog that is YOURS, do some catchy pictures, videos with great content. Talk about yourself, your experiences, your upline/leader experiences and promote it online, on your blog. You will get an audience that will want to follow you because they know you!! They decided to follow you, not because they are your friends, or family but because they came across one of your content and it appealed to them.
Let me know if you got some value, if you want to add something else. I’ll be happy to connect with you and share what I can do for you and provide some answers