Studies show that one-fifth of adults and half of the students procrastinate. Did you know that? Well it is time to stop procrastination right now 🙂
There are 2 kind of procrastinators:
- Active procrastinators who are people that postpone their tasks for a later time and are mostly creative to do their last minute work. Stress and panic is not an issue for them, it is their way to deal with things and what drives them. They need this boost of creativity to show their work
- Passive procrastinators on the other hand would be people that have a level of productivity lower than usual. If you reach that stage, you know that you have a problem and need to resolve it.
Leonardo Da Vinci was a famous procrastinator. It took him 14 years to finish the Mona Lisa ( 1503-1517)
Procrastination is not a smart choice, it can impact your work, career, relationship and health. The negative impact include increased stress, poorer mental and physical health, worry, guilt, diminished performance. As soon as we experience a discomfort we procrastinate to avoid doing the task. It can be small things like a pile of bills in a drawer that need to be filed, or a drawer in your press that need to be tidied – but it can be something far more important like doing a video/facebook live to improve your business, doing a webinar or a seminar that would get your business to the next level, etc.. !
In the latter situation, you think you are at risk of failure and you will look like a fool if it doesn’t work out. This is a confrontation to an uneasy situation and to feel better you find all sorts of reasons: I am too old, I am goo inexperienced, It is not ready yet, I am too tired,…. is it a déjà vue situation?? Procrastination is here to protect you from the pain, self esteem, pride.
The SOMEDAY becomes NEVER! Don’t fool yourself! Most people wait and see if their situation change but if you don’t do anything and keep doing the same thing over and over unfortunately nothing will ! You have a choice here: stop procrastinating.
Do you want to inspire people? Do you want to be a role model for your kids?
Make a difference and stop telling yourself that one day you’ll quit smoking, that one day you’ll do this video, that one day you’ll get out of your comfort zone, that one day you’ll clean this garage…. and the list can go on and on and on… I have been there so I know how easy it is to stay behind the curtain and wait that something miraculously will come and bring a change in your life! The timing will never be better than in this right moment! The longer you wait, the harder it will become ! You are going to lose your confidence in the process and nothing will ever change.
Mental problems like depression or anxiety cause also to delay taking actions, get yourself checked and if you need a little help do it. Don’t wait that it gets worse and too late to achieve your dreams. I can talk about it as I thought I would deal about it on my own but after years of being unhappy, I got some help and my life changed drastically!! So please if it is your case, don’t wait! you are worth it!!
These few tips below will help to get out of this procrastinating state:
- You need to talk to yourself with kindness: You are a human being so be optimist and don’t be a negative critic to yourself.
- You don’t think you are good enough: Get some training, do a course, learn something new
- Prove yourself you can do it and when you do a new task measure well the time, don’t rush and be disappointed
- Don’t be a perfectionnist, do your task and you will get better the more you are going to do them. Don’t wait perfection or you will never do it
- Write your goals and give yourself a deadline. Don’t start with huge goals but small ones and stick with it
- Reward each progress, even the small once – go for a drink, bring your children to the cinema, whatever please you and your family.
- Visualize the future you want, picture yourself in the situation
- If you fear doing something Write down how you would feel in one year time if you don’t make a change
- Build accountability, get a friend, a partner, a team member in your journey – or simple post it on social media so you can’t back off 🙂
- Act daily, have a routine, momentum is important – You are not in a race so take your time and be consistent
“If you don’t like where you are, change it – You are not a tree ” – Jim Rohn
Do it NOW! you are robbing people of your knowledge, of your happiness. Your career, your family and relationship, your finances and health are all impacted by your procrastination.
I believe in YOU and You should too 🙂 Reach out to me and I’d love to hear how you overcame procrastination.
One love ❤
10 thoughts on “10 tips that will help you stop procrastinating”
Merely wanna state that this is invaluable, Thanks for taking your time to write this.
Thank you, I appreciate it
I always was interested in this topic and stock still am, appreciate it for putting up.
You are welcome, happy to help
Only wanna comment that you have a very nice internet site, I like the design and style it actually stands out.
Excellent web site. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to some friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you for your effort!
I was extremely pleased to discover this website. I need to to thank you for your
time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely
appreciated every little bit of it and i also have you
saved to fav to look at new information in your site.
Thank you, I appreciate it Celsa