Riviera Wellness use Lavender in the Skincare products for women and for acne prone people. It is one of the most popular essential oils in the world and has many benefits.
The most popular one is Lavandula augustifolia, I was used to have a lot of plants when I was in France and I still take some from my parents garden, dry the flower, put it in little pouch and then in my wardrobe to have a nice smell. Lavender is not only a plant with fresh and floral scent but has many benefits for our health and skin care.
Little History :
- Lavender has been discovered over 2,500 Years ago. The Egyptian used it for mummification and as a perfume
- The Romans used the lavender oil for bathing, cooking and purifying the air. It got the name from the roman “lavare” which means laver (in french) or to wash (in english)
Today Lavender has so many virtues and that is why we use it in our skincare. It’s been used both cosmetically and therapeutically. It is a powerful antioxydant, antimicrobial, antidepressive , has calming effect and sedative.
- Lavender restores skin complexion and reduce acne
- Slows aging process with powerful antioxydants
- Relieves pain and headaches
- Reduces anxiety and emotional stress
- Helps healing wounds and burns
- Improves brain function
- Can help with hair loss and improve Alopecia Areata when massaged into scalp daily.
I am only in beauty industry and not a doctor so you can check out all the health benefits on the internet however it has been shown that lavender essential oil is a natural antioxydant that will prevent and reverse disease and also helped people suffering from PTSD Symptoms, Alzheimer disease and improves sleep.
Why we wanted to use Lavender in our skincare products?
It does work well on the skin and is one of the rare oil we can use directly on the skin.
- Stimulating the skin
It can be used to all skin type, works also on acne, psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
Lavender stimulates cellular growth and regenerate the skin. Imagine the Lavender added to our Plant Stem Cell and Estriol creams and serums! It helps also reduce age spots and reverse the anti-aging process.
We use it also with our acne product to help with the healing because of its antibacterial, anti-oxydants and anti-microbial properties.