Why is it important to balance your work and you family life?
When you start a new business or a new job or could be a hobby that takes all your extra time, you become overwhelmed and you don’t get the right balance between your family and your work/hobby.
This is not what you want to hear when you start a new project, but you really need to take your time before you spend 20 hours a day working and putting your family aside… I did it and i am sure a lot of you did it. Well it won’t end very well; you might get sick, you might lose your family, your business will suffer and your productivity might not be what you expected … well everybody is going to suffer…
The first thing you have to do is being honest with your family/partner and talk about your project. Tell them you won’t be available for them at certain time because you want to build your business. You might need help for pick ups/dinner etc.. but you really want to do it for a few years to be able to be financially independent and making these sacrifices will help them. You will be able to spend more time with them as you won’t need to go to work 9-5 job, you’ll make more money to be able to go on holiday, etc… Respecting boundaries and developing a routine, you will prove to them your dedication and your commitment.
So what to do to get this balance without losing your mind and sacrificing your family life for nothing?
- You need to stop being perfectionist, that is the key to avoid burning out. Choose what you really want in life, talk and do a road map and listen to what your family/partner have to say. They’ll see what is working for you and what is not.
- You need to exercice or meditate everyday, it is very effective to reduce the stress, it pumps feel good endorphins through your body. It helps lift your mood. If you don’t have time and you spend a lot of time commuting, do some meditation breathing exercice.
- Make sure you unplug, take some quality time with your family/partner. When you are at the diner table for exemple put your phone on silence and leave it by your desk. Be present, and ask them questions. Don’t be just there thinking of your next blog, video or podcast.
- Turn off any distractions, when you are working from home it is very hard to focus. Multi tasking is a myth. Time management is very important, write down your daily routine. You have to set your own parameters around success. Your goals should be align with your passion, define your plan around time frames.
- Be ready to learn something everyday. You don’t know everything, you need to be open and listen to your sponsor/mentor, who ever is here to help you achieve your goal. Don’t spend too much time working on things that don’t matter, ask for help instead of wasting time when you have people around you that might be able to help you. Pace yourself…
If you follow these guidelines, you will definitely achieve your goal. Remember it takes only 21 days to change you habit and 90 days to get the momentum. It is called Blitz Plan.
Winners achieve their goals by going to blitz plan when they need to.
Prospect, schedule meeting, sponsor, follow up, conduct training, show duplication, host meetings, etc … well be available and constant.
To summarize, talk to your family, take time to learn, take daily action, recruit distributors that will become leaders because you’ll show them how to work efficiently.
And one last advice, learn to say “No”. You won’t be doing anyone any good by taking on tasks or project that you won’t be able to follow up because you are too overwhelmed to handle them, or by accepting an outing or invitation because you’ll be too stressed out to enjoy. Be honest with yourself!!!
I hope this blog gave you some value… You can subscribe to my newsletter, share with your friends.